Two years ago, Osceola County introduced the Osceola Reads initiative which brought the Footsteps2Brilliance reading app to all county children for free. With this initiative, Osceola Reads has sought to encourage reading, prepare kids for school, and make literacy a fun and accessible activity for all children in our county.
Over those two years, we have accomplished goals and put many smiles on little faces.
- Students are using Footsteps2Brilliance both in the classroom of VPK through second grade Osceola County schools and at home to enhance their literacy skills.
- Many area VPK programs are encouraging their kiddos to use F2B to prepare for kindergarten and promote early learning.
- We have attended tons of community and school events to spread the word. (Over 120, in fact!)
- We’ve awarded community users with the highest usage with Amazon Fire tablets during reading challenges to encourage daily reading.
- We have visited elementary and VPK schools to celebrate the app with students and get them excited about reading.
- We’ve had the opportunity to share F2B with bilingual families who are using the app to practice both English and Spanish.
- Stay tuned to find out how many registered users are using Footsteps2Brilliance after we announce it at our anniversary celebration! (Sneak Peek: It’s over 6,000!)
Over the past two years, we have met countless parents and students who love Osceola Reads and Footsteps2Brilliance, and we are so excited to continue growing, sharing, and reading with Osceola County!
Know someone who could benefit from a free reading app who lives in Osceola County? Share Osceola Reads with them today!