Just because the summer season is coming to an end doesn’t mean the fun has to end, too! We’ve compiled all the exciting activities from our Osceola Reads Summer Fun Series so you can access them anytime. After reading on Footsteps2Brilliance, click on the pictures under the project or activity of your choice to be taken to our Pinterest board, where you will find a direct link to the website of the activity.
- Looking for a creative project to complete with your little one? Try these DIY fireflies after reading The Backyard Band and light up the night!
- Create constellations together after enjoying Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star with your little one on Footsteps2Brilliance. Then try and identify your constellation in the night sky!
- Read about the dilemma Otto faces in Otto the Octopus, then work on developing your little one’s fine motor skills with this craft!
- After enjoying the nursery rhyme It’s Raining, It’s Pouring on Footsteps2Brilliance, make your own rain with this experiment!
- Ready to cool down this summer? Try reading Ivan the Ice Cream Man, then create your own homemade ice cream in a bag using this recipe.
- Working on your child’s word building and spelling skills? After playing Word Wall on Footsteps2Brilliance, keep the learning going with this jump rope spelling game.
- Looking for a fun way to work on letter-sound relationships? Try playing the game See It, Catch It on Footsteps2Brilliance, then playing the sponge ball toss game. The thrower says a letter and the catcher says the sound the letter makes, then they switch roles!
- Head outdoors and create bubble snakes with simple items you have at home after reading Sylvester the Snake on Footsteps2Brilliance. Check out the steps of this fun activity!
- Looking for an exciting way to keep your little one focused? Try playing Rhyme Slime on Footsteps2Brilliance then creating these balloon cup shooters for continued engagement!